Business Line (603) 527-4737
Emergency Line (603) 528-3800 or 911
Fax (603) 527-4749
47 Cherry Valley Road
Gilford, New Hampshire 03249
Halloween Hours are from 4pm-8pm, on Friday, October 31, 2014
In an effort to ensure Gilford community residents and visitors have an enjoyable and safe Halloween experience, the Gilford Police Department will be conducting the following activities:
A section of Belknap Mountain Road will be closed to vehicle traffic in Gilford Village from 4pm-8pm on Friday, October 31st from Potter Hill Road to the entrance of Gilford Elementary School’s Imagination Station. Residents living along this area of town are asked to please plan accordingly in order to limit traffic for the safety of pedestrians and Trick-or-Treaters. Additionally, throughout the next several weeks, School Resource Officers Denise Parker and Dan O’Neill will be meeting with elementary school students in order to talk with and remind them about important Halloween safety tips. While supplies last, reflective Trick-or-Treat bags containing a few surprise “goodies” will be handed out.
The following safety tips are also beneficial to parents and to those who plan to Trick-or-Trick:
- Watch out for cars.
- Do not go out alone.
- Stay in well-lit areas.
- Have an adult check your treats before eating them.
- Look both ways before crossing the road.
- Let your family and friends know where you are going.
- Use a flashlight.
- Wear reflective clothing.
- Use glow sticks.
- Report any problems to the local police.
- Always use sidewalks if provided or, if not, walk along the side of the roadway facing traffic.
- Stay off of busy roadways.
Please have a Happy and safe Halloween!
Gilford Police Department
The Gilford Police Department serves a diverse community comprised of both permanent and seasonal residents as well as thousands of visitors who come to experience the recreation center of New Hampshire. Working closely with this community, we will provide the best in public safety service through the fair and impartial performance of duties to protect life, property, human rights, and quality of life. This will be done employing the highest ethical standards.
This mission will be accomplished through the establishment and maintenance of a proactive partnership with all residents to solve problems facing our community. To fulfill our role in this partnership, through the efficient use of resources we will:
· Strive toward excellence of officers and staff by providing training, high quality leadership and supervision, and a quality work environment.
· Maintain a strong coherent community relations program to build bonds and ensure trust.
· Embrace technology and new concepts/ideas in law enforcement so as to maintain a vision for the future that is responsive to the changing needs of our citizens.
This mission and related vision statement is our commitment to provide the highest quality service to the citizens of Gilford now and in the future.
Chief of Police