Burn Permit Information
Gilford-Fire Rescue provides the following permits at no charge to the taxpayers of Gilford
- w Blasting
- w Burning
Outdoor Burning Regulations
- w Fire permits are required for ALL outside fires.
- w Fire permits must be obtained by the landowner, at the Gilford-Fire Rescue on Rt.11-A.
- w Fires are permitted without a permit when the ground is covered with snow, as long as the Fire Department is notified before hand
- w Only One Day Permits are currently being issued.
- w You cannot burn on another person's property without their written permission.
- w Burning is permitted between 5pm & 11pm, fire must be out at 11pm
- w Fires during the day are permitted during heavy rain, but at the discretion of the Fire Chief
- w Someone MUST stay with the fire at all times
- w Fires cannot be extinguished by burying.
- w You must be capable of extinguishing the fire at any time.
- w You may be financially responsible for property damage, if you loose control of the fire.
- w Fires must be extinguished if there are any complaints.
- w Plastic of any kind
- w Rubber products, including tires
- w Paint buckets or brushes
- w Painted or treated lumber or wood
- w Tar paper or shingles
- w Wood over 5inches in diameter
- w Insulation including no wire insulation
- w Styrofoam
- w Fiberglass
- w Sheetrock
- w Stumps or logs
Violators will be billed when our services are used to respond and extinguish your outdoor fire, because of a violation of the above rules.
Fax: (603) 527-4763