Parks & Recreation Activities
We are offering a weekly curling program for Adults ages 18 and up! Curling is the sport of sliding "stones" down the ice in an attempt to get your "stones" closer to the target than your opponent. Although this activity takes place on the ice, participants do not wear ice skates. Participants should dress to be outside and should wear sneakers or boots.
Where: Arthur A. Tilton Gilford Ice Rink
When: Thursday evenings 6:30-7:30 pm; January 15 - February 26
Who: Adults ages 18 and up
Cost: $2.00 per evening. You can register the first evening you participate.
Please click below to download the program flyer or registration form.
We are offering a number of Snowshoe Hikes for adults on Tuesday mornings throughout the winter. Participants will meet at the Gilford Town Hall at 9:30am prior to each hike.
Fees: $1.00 per hike or $5.00 for the season
Snowshoes Rentals available for $4.00 per hike (limited supply available)
January 13 - Ramblin' Vewe Farm, Gilford 2 miles
January 20 - Bolduc Park, Gilford 2 miles
January 27 - Ahern State Park, Laconia 2 miles
February 3 - Weeks Woods, Gilford 2 miles
February 10 - Wakuewan Highlands Park, Meredith 1.5 Miles
February 17 - Prescott Farm Audubon Center, Laconia 1.5 miles
Click on the links below to download the program flyer and registration form.
- Gilford's Arthur A. Tilton Ice Rink is open daily from late December through early March as conditions allow. Ice Rink telephone number is 293-0692.
Arthur A. Tilton Ice Rink Schedule
Dawn – 10:00 am Open Skating
10:00 am – 12:00 pm Stick and Puck (Ages 13 and Under)
12:00 pm – 3:30 pm Open Skating
3:30 pm – Dusk Stick and Puck (Ages 14 and Up)
(No Sticks and Pucks Allowed During Open Skating)
Rink Not Supervised, Skate At Your Own Risk!
Schedule is subject to change at discretion of the Parks and Recreation Department
For information on rink rentals for private games/parties, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 527-4722
- Our Youth Basketball Program is open to Gilford children in grades 1-6.
Please click below to download program rosters, schedules and directions to away games and Tournament Team Rosters.
14-15 PeeWee Bball Rosters
14-15 PeeWee Bball Sched
14-15 Girls 3-4 Bball Rosters
14-15 Girls 3-4 Bball Sched
14-15 Boys 3-4 Bball Rosters
14-15 Boys 3-4 Bball Sched
14-15 Girls 5-6 Bball Rosters
14-15 Girls 5-6 Bball Sched
14-15 Boys 5-6 Bball Rosters
14-15 Boys 5-6 Bball Sched
Directions to Away Games
Gilford Boys 5-6 Tournament Roster \'15
Gilford Girls 5-6 Tournament Roster '15
- Senior Moment-um is an active senior adult program that meets regularly on Mondays. This program is open to residents of Gilford and the surrounding communities
Please RSVP to the Gilford Parks and Recreation Department by the date specified, by calling the office at 527-4722. All RSVP’s must go thru the office and not email.!
January 12 - Bingo Day
Please join us at 12 noon at the Gilford Community Church, Fellowship Hall. Bring your lunch and join us for a fun afternoon of bingo. We will have some small prizes and provide coffee and tea. Hope to see you!
January 19- Civil Rights Day!! No Program!
January 26- Chocolate Mousse Brownies
Join us for your chocolate fix. We will meet at the Gilford Community Church, Fellowship Hall at 11:30 am. We will have our favorite guest chef Grace Herbert
who will be teaching how to make her famous chocolate mousse brownies. Bring your lunch and join us for a chocolate treat.
January 28 (Wednesday) – “Willy Wonka Jr.” ~ Dinner and a Show
Please join us as we watch the Gilford Middle School Performing Arts presentation of “Willy Wonka Jr.” Dinner will be served in the Gilford High School Cafeteria at 5pm with the show immediately following in the GHS auditorium. We will be providing a pasta dinner. Please RSVP by 1/23. There is NO COST for this program but space is limited.
February 2 – Pizza Hut Buffet
We will meet at Pizza Hut in Laconia at 11:00 am for lunch. The buffet is full of salad ingredients, various types of pizza, pasta and breadsticks. Each participant is responsible for their own lunch cost which is $5 for the buffet plus drink cost. Join us for a yummy lunch!
February 9 – American Flag Pins
Please join us at 12 noon at the Gilford Community Church, Fellowship Hall. Bring your lunch and join us a ‘crafty’ afternoon. In honor of President’s Day we will be making beaded American flag pins. Bring your patriotism and join us.
February 16 – Coffee and a Classic
We will meet at the Community Church, Fellowship Hall at 9:00 am for breakfast and a movie! In honor of Valentine’s Day we will be watching ‘An Affair to Remember.’ The movie and coffee are FREE of charge. We will also have breakfast available for anyone interested at $2 per person which includes chocolate chip pancakes, sausage and juice. So please join us to watch this timeless classic! Please make sure to RSVP if you will be having breakfast.
February 23 – Winter Break!! No Program!
For more information or to RSVP, please call the Parks and Recreation Department at 527-4722
- A four-week session of Cross Country Ski Lessons for all ages at Bolduc Park.
- Program Runs on Saturdays from January 10 - January 31, 2015.
- Rental Skis are available through Piche's Ski and Sports Shop.
- Program Cost is $70.00/person if rentals are required or $40.00/person if you have you own equipment.
- Completed Registrations should be dropped off at Piche's Ski and Sports Shop.
- For more information, please contact Bob or Pat at 524-2068.
- Please click on the below links for full program flyer an registration forms
- Program Runs on Saturdays from January 10 - January 31, 2015.
A fun pick-up volleyball program for adults age 18+ of all abilities.
- Tuesday evenings from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. in the Gilford Middle School Gym.
- Program runs from Sept. 30, 2014 - May 19, 2015 (program will not run during certain days that the gym is unavailable - holidays, school functions, town voting, etc.)
- Cost: $2.00/per day
- Register at the Gym the first evening you play.
- Click on the links below to download the registration form.
Adult Volleyball Registration 14
Thank You to everyone who helped to make our 2014 Old Home Day Celebration such as success! Our 2015 Old Home Day has been set for Saturday, August 29th, 2015.
For more information, please call the Parks and Recreation Office at 527-4722.
Gilford Old Home Day Schedule of Events 14